Thanks to Huckabee, I've discovered a website that offers a plethora of information supporting the claim America was founded on Christian principles. The organization -- WallBuilders -- is "dedicated to presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, whit an emphasis on the moral, religious, and constitutional foundation on which America was built."
John Adams, for example, "is regarded as one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States" (Wikipedia). In a letter to Thomas Jefferson, he wrote:
"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those principles are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
After perusing the website, one can only conclude the Founding Fathers were influenced by their faith in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Why are we told otherwise?
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment