If Saturday was a test, I failed -- MISERABLY.
When you're the parent of a newborn/infant, you can't help but break your life down into three hour increments. Within those three hour increments, some "experts" suggest your newborn/infant sleep for an hour and a half or more.
NOT MICAH. He averaged 30 minutes. And when he wasn't eating, he was wailing. And when he wasn't wailing, he was dozing. And when he was dozing, you couldn't sit down or he would start wailing again (in which case you'd have to get back up and bounce him in your arms in a futile attempt to get him to doze again). And before you knew it, it was time to start it all over again.
Long story short, I handed him to Emily (who stays home with them EVERYDAY) and said "I can't take it anymore. I'm done."
I thought I was patient.
Apparently my fruit is rotting.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are patient. more patient than me. at least no tacos were thrown over there. i swear the second child really brings out more sin than marriage or the first baby. hey, we're all in this together!
Post a Comment