We've received our first letter from Magazi! For those of you who missed the post, Emily and I decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International. Also included was a drawing (of a cup, orange and flower) and a picture (he's on the right).Magazi lives with his "mum" and dad, and has a on-year-old sibling named Abdalah. He was thankful for our sponsorship and, among other things, said our sponsorship will allow him to "get treatments once he gets sick." What does that mean? I know he lives in an HIV/AIDS-affected area. Is he sick? Does he assume he'll get sick? I could be reading into things, but with sub-Saharan Africa being home to over 70% of the total world HIV-positive population (more statistics), I may not be.
Regardless of his circumstances, he seems to be a happy - and appreciative - little boy. We look forward to sharing this experience with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment