My friend David recently joined Mocha Club's I Need Africa More Than Africa Needs Me campaign. As enamored as I am with Africa - and as much as I love Chris Tomlin's "Love" featuring the Watoto Children's Choir from Uganda - I thought I'd check it out. The idea behind Mocha club is: for the cost of two mochas a month ($7), you can "provide a solution to the challenges Africans are facing" (i.e. HIV/AIDS, orphan care, education, etc.).
So, I've started a Mocha Club team. The team name is Upendo, which is Swahili for "love" in the Bible. And since the Watoto Children are AIDS orphans - and considering every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS (Compassion International) - I've decided to support orphan care.
$7 a month is $1.75 a week. $1.75 a week is $0.25 a day. Your $7 a month will support children like Prince, who recently lost his battle with AIDS.
I don't drink mocha, but there are plenty of things I can sacrifice to make a difference. And, every time I miss what I'm sacrificing, I'll remember why I'm sacrificing it. What can you give up to save $7 a month to "provide a solution to the challenges Africans are facing?" Join my team and help make a difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment