According to George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation (1789), we celebrate Thanksgiving "to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor." According to the proclamation, both Houses of Congress recommended we have "a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God."
As is with every Thanksgiving, I have a lot to be thankful for. But, what I'm most thankful for is:
- The cross - I've been forgiven; I've been set free.
- Emily - She's an answer to prayer; a living example of Proverbs 31.
- Madeleine Grace - Knowing she can't comprehend how much I love her reminds me (a child of God) I can't comprehend how much my Heavenly Father loves me.
So, "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever" (Psalm 136:1).
2 comments:
Awesome...thanks for sharing. I hope you have a blessed holiday. God Bless you
good thoughts Mike
Post a Comment