Friday, October 30, 2009

Compassion Friday

I'm switching Quick Facts Friday to Compassion Friday and in doing so, want to share the most recent letter we received from Magazi.


"Dear Mike Mauntel, Magazi salutes you "Shikamoo."  He says he is fine and doing well together with his family.  He says he is so grateful for the nice family gift you sent to him.  He says his parents are so grateful for the nice gift, for they were able to buy the following: One iron sheet, clothes for dad and mom, rice, sugar, beans, clothes (suit) for him and his sibling.  He also thanks you a lot for the nice photo, letters and stickers you sent to him.  He says he lives with his father, mother, and his sibling.  He says his past photo he had sent to you he took with his parents.  He says he, likes playing football game.  He says his best subjects are mathematics and handwriting.  Magazi hopes that Michael is born and grows well.  Hey says may you have a look at the photo he has sent to you when with his mother and sibling with all the gifts he bought.  He lastly says may you pray for his mother to know Jesus for he is of different denomination."
He also included this drawing.  Notice the stickers!



I thought Maddie would like to see the stickers on there since she LOVES stickers.  Unfortunately, she threw a fit.  "My tickers!"

I calmed her down, sat her on my lap, and tried to explain how Magazi lives in another country, is less fortunate that we are, etc.

Thinking I was getting through to her, she got up, turned around, looked at me and said, "No talk to me daddy."

Much like getting played, all I could do was laugh.

Please consider sponsoring a child through Compassion International today.

No comments: