Friday, July 3, 2009

Micah William

I've been somewhat slow to dedicate a post to our newest addition to the family - Micah William. While Em has done MOST of the work around here, for some reason just having two kids is enough to wear me out. When they're down, I don't feel like doing ANYTHING aside from checking facebook and watching The O'Reilly Factor. What an EXCELLENT use of time, huh?

Micah was born on 6/18 at 7:16 PM. For some reason we believed the myth the second one comes faster. Not so with Micah - he came 12 hours after Em started her patossin. Our little guy weighed 7 lbs, 1 oz and measured 20 inches. It was so exciting to run out to the lobby to tell Maddie he was here. I don't think she knew what to think at first, but quickly warmed up to him. In fact, she demanded he walk as they were cleaning him off!

Mi-Mi brought Maddie down to visit on Friday. She picked out a balloon and handed out "I'm a _____" buttons for everyone

Em and Micah were discharged on Saturday.

Maddie was waiting at the house for us. As soon as we walked in the door, she wanted "baby brudda" to play. She showed him all her toys, including her favorite Veggie Tale - Madame Blueberry!

I'm sure we'll have more stories the more comfortable she gets with him. For now, it's "Da-Da! Get him!" whenever he cries.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

No comments: