Sunday, March 1, 2009

What are the consequences?

I don't know about you, but I tend to "forget" about some of the Ten Commandments. Murdering, for example, is NOT one of them -- it's a law -- you WILL spend time in prison -- you CAN be put to death. But keeping the Sabbath day holy? What are the consequences if I don't? According to the Old Testament, you WOULD be put to death (Exodus 35:1-2).

After reading that, it dawned on me that -- if keeping the Sabbath day holy IS one of the Ten Commandments (#4 to be exact) and failing to do so resulted in death -- how I spend my time on Sunday (MY seventh day) is probably more important to God than I think.

What does keeping the Sabbath day holy look like? I don't know, but here are some helpful resources -- Remember the Sabbath Day to Keep it Holy and Keep the Sabbath Day Holy.

No comments: